Thursday, June 11, 2009
I am finally submitting my artist of the month answers.
1. Who in your life has influenced you most and why? I can only pick 1 person!?! Then I would have to say my husband, Jeff. He encourages me to keep being creative and has helped me to set up a studio in our house.
2. If there were any craft you could master other than the ones you already work with, what would it be? EZ answer ... Metalsmithing.
3. Describe your ideal studio space... My home studio space is great. I love it. It has plenty of space to store all my crafty things and enough surface area to be in the middle of several projects at once. I just wish it magically cleaned itself!
4. Name your three favorite:
Books - Green Psychology, Stop Walking on Eggshells, A Penny for Candy
Movies - Dummy, Lars and the Real Girl, Marie Antoinette
Bands - Auto Man Empire, Bonnie Prince Billy, Alela Diane
Websites - anthropologie.com, of course etsy.com, afancifultwist.typepad.com
5. What is your favorite season and why? I love the fall. Everything Halloween makes me giddy!
6. What is your 9-5 job? I work at M-Troniks (electronics repair for music equipment) with my husband and we also own Naylor Entertainment, a live music booking agency.
7. Tell us about the best gift you've ever gotten from someone. I think right now I am loving the gift of freedom my husband has given me. My prior day job was sucking the life outta me. Now I come and go as I wish. It is super nice.
8. If you were a character on a TV sit-com, who would it be and why? Punky Brewster. She was a fun little kid. I secretly desire the ability to wear non-matching clothes and still look cute.