Friday, April 23, 2010

Guest blogging


Hi there. I'm Trish from Little Silver Stars and I'll be your guest blogger this month!
I guess the best way to introduce myself is to send you to my blog, littlesilverstars, rather than bore you with details all over again. I've been an etsy seller since 2005, and a member of EVA since it began. And while my job sometimes keeps me much busier than I would like, I really try my best to focus on my true passion at the end of the day, making jewelry.
I thought a fun way to start the month is to show you my workspace. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I just cleaned and organized it today, I swear it. I also have no idea what happened to that bag of cookies that were in the pantry...)
Anyway, the desk is usually coated with coils of sterling silver wire or scraps, loose crystals and pearls, tools, assorted findings and one of my two cats. Tonight it's just got a ring and a pair of earrings I am working on at the moment.
I have two mascots on or around my desk all the time, depending on how much real estate I have. The first on is my pink glittery deer. I bought it at Christmastime two years ago in a bookstore, and I just think she's so cute I can't bring myself to pack her away. The second is a turquoise garden gnome my sister gave me. No real reason for him, I just like him.
I use a planter for my pen/pencil/crochet hook/random tool holder. It's bursting at the moment. I am sort of a pen hoarder I think. There's also always some jewlery hanging off of it, like these earrings. I made these a long time ago but I think they're boring, so I have just left them there so I don't forget to redo them. They are now tarnished and dusty.

This is the red cabinet that I keep just about everything in. It's about as organized as it gets in here. It's packed pretty tight with random junk, you can even see my hammers on top, which haven't seen the inside of the cabinet in months.
I am realizing as I post these photos that my office looks my prettier in the daylight. Oh well, you get the idea!

So that's it. My little work area. I dream of the day I will have an actual house where I can set things up more permanently, maybe have a larger corner of the universe to work in. But you deal with what you got. In fact some of you with houses of your own might even have smaller work spaces than I do, so here's me not complaining.

So anyway, stay tuned this week for a very special giveaway of one of my own original designs! Check back soon!

And one last thing....

This is Bella. If you stop by, she would like to sync with your iPod!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your workspace with us, Trish. Now I know where all those really cool rings are made. :o)

Cupcake Blonde said...

That looks like a really great place to be inspired. Especially with the pink glittery deer! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your workspace Trish. Love your mascots! I kind of have a thing for garden gnomes.