Tuesday, September 23, 2008

EVA Featured Artist of the Month: Trish Arnseth


Provide us with background information, like where you were born, where have you lived, who is your family and what is your educational background.
I was born in Red Bank, NJ. My mom is a secretary and my dad is a mechanic, but my grandmother was extremely crafty and got me going from the time I could hold a bottle of glue or string beads. I have a degree in graphic design from Collins College and after college I worked for 5 years as head designer for Mayfield's Inc, Fine Jewelry in Scottsdale, then at Scottsdale Bead Supply for two years selling beads, teaching classes and stringing for the gallery.

What do you think inspires your creativity? Definitely movies, books and tv shows(Northern Exposure on DVD has inspired tons of projects and ideas in particular). Being outside and changing seasons, especially autumn. Also if I'm really stuck I like to go to Google Images and search for words that I like, like Vintage, Antique or Victorian. I get so many good ideas that way.

Who inspires your creativity and how? My grandmother always did, and I still base a lot of my designs off of the fun and funky style she had. She was big on leopard print and big, chunky jewelry! Also the other sellers on etsy, just browsing through the site reminds me of how creative people can be!

Outside of being creative, what do you do? I am a Property Manager for an apartment complex, and my fiancee is a filmmaker, so I am always helping him out by making props or holding up lights or filling in if he needs an extra actress. I also play with/talk to my two kitties a lot, Fizzie and Bella.

What are your top three favorite:

books - The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. The Harry Potter series, by J.K Rowling

movies - Jaws, Better Off Dead, anything Jim Henson

bands - Nine Inch Nails, Flight Of The Conchords, She and Him. Although mostly I listen to music from the 40's 50's and 60's.

web sites - cuteoverload.com, http://gofugyourself.celebuzz.com/, tarinatarantino.com

What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to be a funny old lady with lots of good stories and lots of cool jewelry I can lend my grandkids!

And if you could be any cartoon character, who would it be and why? I think I'd be one of the little mice that helped make Cinderella's dress. They're all cute and clutzy!

Trish's work is featured here:
http://littlesilverstars.etsy.com
http://www.mayfieldsinc.com
http://patsymarella.wordpress.com

No comments: