Thursday, March 19, 2009

Artist of the Month: Nancy Reasoner



What do you think inspires your creativity?

Nature and color. I love the textures of leaves and natural items. Throw in a few sparkling gems or crystals and it becomes exciting!

Who inspires your creativity and how?
My daughter is very creative, and is constantly giving me feedback and new ideas.

My husband, Tim also has helped... he is the behind one of my favorite pieces - "Pool Trash". We were swimming one day, when he found a perfect leaf floating on the pool. He handed it to me and said "Here is a piece of pool trash - turn it into something beautiful". I wear it more than any other piece because of the sentiment behind it. Tim is totally supportive. Without him, I would be just wishing I could create... instead of actually doing it.

Outside of being creative, what do you do?
I am a Systems Analyst/ Program Manager. I gather requests for application changes, define the requirements, and lead the team of program developers to design and develop those changes. A totally different part of my brain is used in my regular job - but it is also fulfilling.

I also like to garden - especially growing Roses.

What are your top three favorite:

Books:
-The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown is my all time favorite.
-Shanna by Kathleen Woodiwiss would be my favorite romance.
-I just finished the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer - it was a nice escape.

Movies :
Sleepless in Seattle
Serenity
Quigly Down Under

Bands:
E Street (Bruce Springstein)
Bonnie Raite and her band
Chris Isaak

web sites:
http://www.roses4az-mevrs.org/Home.html - Mesa East Valley Rose Society
Wikipedia.org - for info
Amazon.com - for everything else!

What is your dream job?
My major in college was Anthropology. I hoped to be a Forensic Anthropologist and work in a crime lab.

And if you were a flavor of ice cream, what would it be and why?
Breyer's Brownie Mud Pie! Soothing chocolate with carmel and crunchie almonds... everything a woman wants.

Nancy's work is also featured at:
NancysDesigns.etsy.com

No comments: