Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Artist of the Month: Jen Rothstein

It has been awhile since we have had a featured artist of the month. Sorry to be so flaky on this.
Our current artist of the month is: Jen Rothstein

1. Who in your life has influenced you most creatively, and why?
My Mother. She loves to paint watercolors. I learned so much from her and there was always a lot of crafting supplies in the house to work with, while I was growing up.

2. Describe a memory from art class in your youth?
Oh wow, there are so many. I took drawing, sewing and ceramics in High School. I think my fondest memories were in ceramics class, just working with the clay and picking out the glazes. I remember making my first clay bowl on the potters wheel, well my first that didn't crack in firing. I was so proud of it. Still have it, somewhere.

3. What is your creative workspace like?
Uhm, that would be my dining room table. I have a small house so that's where I can work. It's got good lighting. I try to keep it clean, but I have all my boxes of stuff heaped around the table, with just enough room left over for hubby and I to eat there. Someday, I hope to have an entire room dedicated to all my crafting stuff.

4. Name your two favorite:
Books - The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and Marley and Me
Movies - probably the same
Bands - 3 Doors Down, Jethro Tull
Websites - Too many to pick from ;o)

5. What is your favorite month of the year and why?
I like October. It's just starting to cool off here in Arizona and I can go outside with my dogs.

6. What is your day job?
Currently, I'm starting my own Home Staging Business, but I also work at a pet resort.

7. Tell us about creative projects or classes that you would like to pursue ...
I would like to take some altered art classes. I do some altered art, but I really want to learn more techniques. The idea of taking found items and making them into art using varied methods, appeals to me, sort of a recycling process.

8. If you were a historical figure, who would you like to be and why?
Hmm, this is a hard question. I think I would like to be Albert Einstein. What an awesome mind and personality he had.

List your etsy or anywhere else on-line that your art is featured:
jensaz.etsy.com
http://dog-ma-jen@blogspot.com
www.atcsforall.com member name - jensaz
www.arttradermag.com - one of my ATC's will be featured in an upcoming issue

No comments: