Friday, June 10, 2011

Special Requests?

Do you accept special requests for your art?  Time, equipment and experience permitting, I always try to.  Since I am not bogged down with constant orders, I usually have free time in which I can fit a request or 2 in.
Also, being as versatile as possible, I consider some requests to be a real challenge and helps my art develop into realms which I never thought I would go.  There are even several designs for new pendants and beads which came out of requests from family and friends and are now some of my best sellers.

Ideas can also just come from "suggestions" from customers or just chatting in general.  If something sounds interesting enough to me, I will give it a try.

Just recently, I came up with a new design by just chatting with my hubby.  I called him Jeremy, a big toothy grin with a baseball cap.  I am thinking now of doing a whole set, calling them the "J Team", naming them all with "J" names - - should be cute.  My mother also saw this bead and now I have the "challenge" of making one wearing a Cubbies cap for my Dad.  Being a life-long Chicagoan until his retirement to Arizona, he's always been a fan of the Cubs.  I now have to study their logo and figure out how to transfer that image into glass.  I hope all comes out well with it and I will post a picture of it when it's done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cool. I love it!

Unknown said...

I love this guy!!! I agree jeannie taking requests and comissons is a great way to grow with your art and explore new ideas. Jeremy has a jazz vibe to me

Jeannie Cox said...

Thanks Kristen (and Anonymous!).

I am hoping to get a whole line of these guys made with different colored hats and skin tones.

I tried to create my Dad's bead the other day but the darn thing cracked! Ugh! Will be back for another attempt soon!